Everything you wanted to know about continence, but never asked.
- Over 50% of women in the United States will suffer from incontinence at some point in their lives, but only one in five will seek help.
- Over 12 million women in the US currently suffer from bladder control problems.
- Biofeedback along with specific exercises have shown to be the most effective and least invasive form of treatment according to major new research studies published on the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
- There is nothing to be ashamed of since incontinence is a medical condition that over 50% of women will experience in varying degrees at some point in their life.
- Most often, incontinence is the result of unfit pelvic floor muscles that have become weakened due to a number of reasons including, childbirth, hormonal changes, poor diet, or the natural aging process.
- Unless the muscles are strengthened the problem can become worse. It is never too late or too soon to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
- Even women in their 20's and 30's experience problems, especially after pregnancy.